Creatures are a class of actors that cannot wear armor or clothing, or appear in the LeveledCharacter lists. They have a skeletal and animation system separate from the standardized system that NPC actors use, allowing for more variation in appearance, VATS target areas, and other aspects. Creatures in Fallout 3 and New Vegas can use weapons if they have the appropriate skeletal nodes and animations for using them, they are not limited to using "Embedded weapons" or inherent melee attacks, although they can be setup to use those too. Creatures in Fallout 3 have the capacity for dialog inherently built in and can act as full NPC actors including companions, vendors, and can be pickpocketed.
- ID: Editor ID of the creature form.
- Name: Display name for the creature form.
- Script: Active script for all references of this creature form. Select the ellipses button (...) to edit or view the script.
- Dialogue Button: Opens a window that shows all dialogue this creature might say.
- Preview: Mark this box to see a rendered preview of the creature to the right of the tabs.
Each checkbox corresponds to a tab on the creature. If checked, the creature gets it's data for that tab from the creature specified in the ActorBase field.
- Base Data does not include the Quest Item, No Knockdowns, No VATS Melee, Is Ghost, or Invulnerable flags.
- Use Model/Animation includes the Blood, Sounds, and Destruction tabs.
|Quest Item||Creature updates more frequently. Dead body isn't removed when the cell regenerates.|
|Can't Open Doors||Just like it sounds. If checked, the creature cannot open or pass through doors of any kind. This includes doors that actually open as well as doors that act as portals to a new places (like the door to your Megaton home).|
|No Low Level Processing||The creature does not update its AI unless the player is in the same cell as it.|
|Essential||The essential creature in question never dies. No special message appears when interacted with while unconscious, and may still be looted.|
|No Knockdowns||If checked, this creature cannot be knocked down by any attack.|
|No VATS Melee||The player cannot go into VATS with this creature if he has a melee weapon equipped.|
|Respawn||References of this creature in the world will be recreated after three days.|
|Allow PC Dialogue||The player may engage this creature in dialogue.|
|Allow Pickpocket||The player may pickpocket this creature.|
|Is Ghost||The creature will not show up on your radar in the HUD.|
|Invulnerable||The creature is not affected by combat.|
For a description of the tabs to the right, select from below:
- AI Data
- AI Packages
- Actor Effect List
Pages in category "Creatures"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.