NPCs is a type of actor object that can wear armor or clothing, or appear in the LeveledCharacter lists. They can all engage in dialogue, and can all be pickpocketed. The Player character is a special case NPC, driven by player input instead of by an AI routine.
- ID: Editor ID of the NPC form.
- Name: Display name for the NPC form.
- Script: Active script for all references of this NPC form. Select the ellipses button (...) to edit or view the script.
- Dialogue Button: Opens a window that shows all dialogue this NPC might say.
- Preview Full: Mark this box to see a rendered preview of the whole body of the NPC to the right of the tabs.
- Preview Head: Mark this box to see a rendered preview of just the face and head of the NPC to the right of the tabs.
Each checkbox corresponds to a tab on the NPC. If checked, the NPC gets it's data for that tab from the NPC specified in the ActorBase field.
- Base Data does not include the Quest Item, No Knockdowns, No VATS Melee, Is CharGen Face Preset, or Can Be All Races flags.
- Use Model/Animation includes the Blood, Sounds, and Destruction tabs.
|No Low Level Processing||The NPC does not update its AI unless the player is in the same cell as it.|
|Quest Item||NPC updates more frequently. Dead body isn't removed when the cell regenerates. Always Loaded.|
|Is CharGen Face Preset||If checked, this face is available for the player to chose in Character Gen.|
|Essential||The essential NPC in question never dies. No special message appears when interacted with while unconscious, and may still be looted.|
|Respawn||References of this NPC in the world will be recreated after three days.|
|No Knockdowns||If checked, this NPC cannot be knocked down by any attack.|
|No VATS Melee||The player cannot go into VATS with this NPC if he has a melee weapon equipped.|
|Can be all races||Allows the actor's race to be changed later in the game. Used by Dad. This flag is not recommended for general use, avoid it unless absolutely necessary.|
For a description of the tabs to the right, select from below:
- AI Data
- AI Packages
- Actor Effect List
- Face Advanced
- Head Parts
Pages in category "NPC"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.