How to conditionalize dialogue based on multiple variables
A dialog topic can check to see if a variable against a static number, but not the sum of multiple variables.
In these cases you could create a variable to hold that relationship, and set it in the results of a parent topic leading to choices conditionalized on that variable.
Example 1: if you want to conditionalize a topic for X + Y < 10:
- Create a variable on the NPC called XY (you could also use a quest variable or a global variable)
- Create a parent topic ParentTopic "Hire Mercenaries"
- In that topics results: set XY to X + Y
- Create one or more choices off of ParentTopic, e.g. HireMerc1, HireMerc2
- The conditions on HireMerc1 and HireMerc2 can now use the condition: GetScriptVariable theNPCID, XY < 10
Example 2: if you want to conditionalize a topic for X < Y:
- Create a variable named XlessthanY
- In the parent topic's results: use an if statement and set it to be 0 or 1
- Check XlessthanY in the conditions on the dialogue choices linked to the parent topic.