A Leveled Character is a leveled list that will generate an NPC based on the current level of the player. Leveled Character objects cannot be placed in the world. They can only be used as a Template for another NPC. That NPC can be placed in the world, and will use the Leveled Character object (or portions of it) to define itself.
The Actors used in the Leveled Character cannot themselves be based on a Template with another Leveled Character in its hierarchy. Thus one cannot have a Leveled Character composed of Leveled Characters.
When an actor defined by a leveled NPC template is placed in the world, the reference shows as a generic marker instead. The GECK has no way to know what model to place, so it uses this marker. This reference can have data on it as well.
Leveled Character Dialog
- Calculate from all levels <= PC's level: If checked, the level list will use any actor at or below the player's level in the list. If not checked, it uses the closest actor or actors to the player's level, but not exceeding it.
- Calculate for each item in count: If this list is in another leveled list with a count greater than zero, this check box determines if each item in the count is the same, or is recalculated.
- Level: The selected actor's associated level is altered here. The level of the object used in the calculation with the Encounter Zone, player's level, and the check boxes. This level does not have to match the NPC's actual level.
- Count: Unused. Must always be 1.
- Preview Calculated Result: Generates an example list of actors that this list might generate.
- Preview level: The assumed level of the player for the Preview Calculated Result button.
- Preview Count: The number of times the list should be generated for the Preview Calculated Result button.
There is a Leveled Actor tab on the reference.
- Easy: Lock in the level at 50% of the resolved level of the space. Include all items from the list that are at this level and below.
- Medium: Lock in the level at 75% of the resolved level of the space. Only the closest NPC to this level, without exceeding the level, is valid. All encounters set to Medium in a space will be the same actor.
- Hard: Lock in the level at 125% of the resolved level of the space. Only the closest NPC to this level, without exceeding the level, is valid. All encounters set to Hard in a space will be the same actor.
- Boss: Lock in the level at 200% of the resolved level of the space. Only the closest NPC to this level, without exceeding the level, is valid. All encounters set to Boss in a space will be the same actor.
- None: The level is not locked to any particular value. Only the data on the Leveled List itself is used to resolve the reference.
|Diff. Modifier||Marker Color|