I'm thinking maybe this should be refocused as: 'FAQs about installing and running the GECK' with questions/answers about using the GECK to edit stuff moved to Tidbits or included where they're relevant (such as the megaton cells question going under the Cell View Window page.
Maybe we should call this the 'Frequently Questioned Answers' page :P
--Quetzilla 20:31, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- We had a Questions page on the CS Wiki in the early days. That became a very long page soon, which was turned into a category. The category was flooded with questions and closed because there weren't enough people to moderate and answer the questions. A lot of questions were asked about specific problems and without searching first. Most of those questions haven't been answered because there was no one to answer them. The search function often listed unanswered questions, which isn't helpful at all. Most of this mess has been cleaned up by simply deleting everything that doesn't contain helpful information, but there's still a portion left.
- I want to avoid this at the GECK Wiki by not allowing questions unless they're about a specific article. In which case they should be on the article's talk page. Any other questions are better suited for the forums.
- A "request an article" page is something that may need to be discussed as a replacement.
- --Qazaaq 22:51, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
How do I get player's name for my script, quest or perk?
It's won't work as TESIV "Player's horse"*
- Turns out you should ask this in the forums
- --Quetzilla 22:47, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
I think this is the one place where a section dedicated to installing user-created mods would be a good idea. I looked around but saw nothing on how to install user-created mods other than the "place a checkmark by the plugin" which really requires a lot more explanation from a download-to-play perspective. I am starting an article at TESNexus and when it is complete, I (or somebody else) will convert it to Wiki and place it here.
--LHammonds 18:38, 29 December 2008 (UTC)